Reach Teach Sell for community growth

Earlier this year I published a blog post about Reach Teach Sell, my practical marketing framework. I was mainly thinking about content at the time, but as of late, I’m thinking about community a whole lot more.

What does “community” mean, anyway?

Here’s how I define it:

• A community is a network of people with something in common
  • A community group is a structured organization, consisting of members from the community

When we talk about building a community, in the context of a business, we’re often talking about organizing a community group.

Communities are organic. They don’t get built. They grow.

That said, I’ll often use the word “community” when referring to a “community group” — e.g. “join the community”, “stories from the community”, “welcome to the community”, etc…

Read more…Reach Teach Sell for community growth

WordPress meetup organizer survey for WordCamp US 2019

I have the pleasure and privilege to join April Wier, Victor Ramirez, and Meagan Hanes — my fellow Canadian community wrangler! — in hosting the Grow Your Meetup workshop at WordCamp US 2019.

To prep for the workshop, we’re looking for WordPress meetup organizers to share their experiences with us in a quick survey. Gist:

To prepare for the workshop, we’re looking for insights and advice from other WordPress meetup organizers. What’s worked for you? What hasn’t worked for you? We’ll roll your contributions into our workshop materials.

Note: You don’t need to be attending the workshop to submit a response!

Submissions are anonymous, but you’re welcome to identify yourself for kudos (!), follow-up questions, or to stay in the loop about the workshop.

Are you a meetup organizer? Take the survey!

Know someone else who organizes a meetup? Send them the survey!

The more we hear from other organizers, the better. Meetups can vary quite a bit from one community to the next.